Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #57 - My Big Fat Greek Wedding


Good Morning Everyone!! Today we are so excited to feature the totally fun and sweet Oscar nominated movie from 2002: My Big Fat Greek Wedding!!!! This movie was the sleeper hit of the year and it was nominated for best original screenplay. This love story is all about family, love, culture and coming into your own. If you have never seen this movie, or want to see it again - it is in segments on Youtube - just watch it here! We thought it would be fun this week to have the challenge requirement be to make a wedding card inspired by the movie!!


Brooke's Card inspired my the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

You all have to relate to this movie in some way or another.. Wether you felt like some day my prince WILL come(When I am not expecting him especially when I am dresses like a totally nerd.....) or.. You have a family that takes over completely, Or you have totally different backgrounds an you find a commend ground and totally fall madly in LOVE and live happily ever after... I think I am totally the nerd that got the cool guy... If you ask my sweet heart he would say the opposite...

I LOVE that they find common ground and learn to work through their differences and fight for what they want separately and together.. Through it all two family come together and support them both.. What a wonderful witty Romantic movie... I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did..


Hugs
Brooke

Sankari's Card inspired my the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"
I absolutely LOVED this movie from the very first moment that I saw it!!! You could replace the word "Indian" with "Greek" and it would fit perfectly! I related to so many things in this movie - like her desire to want to fit in when she was younger (I remember my mom packed me curry sandwiches to school - when everyone around me had PBnJ sandwiches but the real fun started when my DH and I got married - it was definitely a "cultural experience" for his family to meet my loud, huge family :) I love each character in this movie, from the way the mother and father interact with each other, to her aunt, to all the cousins, to the main characters as they fell in love with each other. I love how they would celebrate the moment in the movie with the greek word: "Opa!" which can be understood as an exclamation of joy!

So for my card today, I created a little wedding card with the colors from the Greek flag - with two lovebirds and the sentiment Opa! on the side:


It was so much fun to watch this movie as I made this card! Made me want to call my whole family and tell them how much I LOVE them!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

Samara's Card inspired my the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

This week we are happy to have Samara Navi of as our Guest Designer. Samara's got the Audrey Award for her magical Hocus Pocus card from Challenge #55 captured the three sisters of that movie so well, and we are so happy to welcome her today as our Guest Designer with this awesome card!!!

I couldn’t have been happier when I was told MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING was the choice of the movie for today! I am SO excited. This is really a dream come true for me. It is my very first time designing for a blog. I am SO happy it is for CINEMA SATURDAY’S CREATIVE CHALLENGE!!! I love this blog...and I’m not sucking up…honest!!! So, on with the card and where I found my inspiration. Truly, I had about 5 cards in mind to make, but could not resist focusing on “the zit” and when I thought of the zit, I automatically thought of Gus and his “windex for everything!!” From there, it came together in the custom of their Greek Wedding Theme. I have my bride, Toula, both “remembering when” through the generations dancing together lavishly and ceremoniously. And of course the necessary “glitz.” I couldn’t avoid highlighting bride’s total and complete “omg-ness!” that was present throughout all the wedding planning (and wedding!)

I hope you enjoy my card. I had a blast creating it (and a pack of nerves designing for the first time, I must confess!) And I hope you have bunches of fun creating your own CINEMA SATURDAY creation!!! Shalom.


What a great take on the movie Samara!!! And how perfect and awesome is it that you added the Windex to your card! That ROCKS!!! Thank you so much for joining us this week as our guest designer!!! For more details check out Samara's wonderful blog!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is going to be our guest designer next week??! It was seriously difficult to pick just one of your inspiring cards from Legally Blonde!!! You all are our inspirations!!! One card that caught our attention was Maureen's beautiful Blossom card - the sentiment just perfectly captures the blossoming of Reese's character as she comes into her own and goes after her dream!!! Maureen, we hope you love your Audrey and that you will join us next week as our guest designer!!!
A HUGE Thank you so much to everyone for playing along!!! Hope that you had a great time playing along and we hope you play along with us this week!!!
--------------------------------

So are you ready to play along this week!!!!!! Well, all you have to do is to create a wedding card, layout, altered project etc that is inspired by the movie: My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Your inspiration can come from the costumes, the dialogue, the music, the themes, the characters, the colors - anything at all from the movie!

Please link to us by Thursday, November 11th at 9PM PST!

We can't wait to see your lovely wedding creations!!! You are all such inspirations to us!!!

OOOO-PA!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all,
Sankari and Brooke :)


16 comments:

Maureen said...

oh wow!! Thanks!! I am honoured to play along with you two and all the girls next week. I have Wednesday off before I write report cards so this is perfect!! I may have to play this week too as I LOVE this movie and my husband and I were talking about it last night!!! Coincidence again!! LOL

Juli Smith, said...

Congrats Maureen! Hhmmm - a wedding card...I might have to do an anniversary card instead as there are no weddings in the forsee-able futre. I love John Corbett - ever since he was Chris in the Morning on the tv show Northern Exposure so many years ago.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Congrats, Maureen!! :) I love this movie and haven't seen it in forever - checking Apple TV right now (well, as soon as I stop typing this...) to see if it is avail immediately! I haven't done many wedding cards so this is a perfect challenge! Love the cards, as always, ladies!! :)

Aubri said...

LOVE THE WINDEX-that's the thing I remember most from the movie-I'm going to have to watch it again cause it's been a long time.

Brooke S said...

Wow Sankari and Samara you cards ARE AMAZING!!! you both totally Rocked that challenge... Over the top!

Congrats Maureen we just couldn't get your card our of our minds...

HUGS
Brooke

Suzie said...

Love this movie, can't wait to try the challenge. Haven't particiapted in awhile, think this is the movie to get me motivated once again.

Radha said...

OMG!!!!
I just had a wild thought to take a break...

no to that... I'm playing.... This was A M O V I E

scrapperjulia said...

I loved your cards Sankari, Brooke and Samara. You picked the greatest movie, it is one of my all time favorites. I had to use the Greek colors too!

Maria said...

I loved this movie! Such a fun one!! All your challenge samples are beautiful. . .awesome job, ladies. Gosh, I haven't made a wedding card for ages. I'll see if I can fit some time to play this week!!

maria

Tethered2Home said...

This is one of those movies that I could watch again & again. It's just so darn funny. Your cards are fanstatic & fun, I love 'em!
Thanks for the inspiration & Congrats, Maureen!

Juli Smith, said...

I am not tapping into all that's Greek on my own very well! Anyone have suggestions where I can go for more inspiration on colors, style, etc.? I've seen the movie - but unfortunately don't have time to watch this week. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler....

Shelley said...

Thanks for letting me play! I love this movie too - especially the joy that comes througout. I tried to capture that feeling in my card. Thanks everyone for sharing your great cards!

Nancy K said...

Wow!! What great projects this week -gorgeous!
What another fun movie week -thanks Brooke & Sankari! Love the movies and coordinating challenges you keep coming up with!

Afsar Ali said...

Cenforce 150 Tablets is a drug commonly used to treat ED patients.

Cenforce 150 Paypal said...

Cenforce 150 is having an active salt named Sildenafil Citrate. This salt is responsible for the overall action of this ED pill. When you take the drug, it immediately gets dissolved in your body. After that, the salt starts diverting high blood flow in the penile region. With an increase in blood flow, the muscles and tissues of the penile region get ready to take hard shape along with expansion. Hence, you able to beat the symptoms of ED and feel alleviated. It takes 30 to 45 minutes to Cenforce 150 to do all these activities. So, if you don’t want to wait for getting an erection at the time of sexual intercourse then you must keep the ED pills with you. The popularity of this drug is clear shows the reasons for higher positive Cenforce 150mg reviews.

Cenforce 150

More Product -- :

Cenforce 200
Cenforce 100 MG
Suhagra 100 MG
Cenforce 100 MG
Cenforce 150 MG
Cenforce 200 MG

Ed Shop said...

Start hunting for sex pills, and the internet will flood you with endless options. Meanwhile, this was my pain too. After straining my eyes for days, I have got one. Include Cenforce 100 in your buying list and start consuming it as per the doctor's advice. It worked for me and several others. Your one click of order and the problem of ED has vanished!