Friday, November 21, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 7 - Charlie Brown Thanksgiving





We thought that we would have some fun this week - and go with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (man some of you are hard to fool with the sneak peeks - it is so much fun to see your guesses (Catherine, that mouse trap guess totally cracked us up) and Arielle - you were right - it was the toaster from the scene with Snoopy making toast!!!)

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving was originally released in 1973, as an animated primetime show and went on to win an Emmy the next year. It has been aired at Thanksgiving as a special for the last 35 years and has become a tradition to all different generations. Doesn't the theme music at the beginning just evoke your childhood?

Well, this week we would love to see the whole family get involved... If you have children or grandchildren would love to craft, or even color a picture for Thanksgiving (or anything) please share them with us...


Brooke's Cards:

Who doesn't love "Woodstock" Don't we all feel like him every now and then... Like what the heck is going on? My favorite part of this movie is the creating of the Thanksgiving dinner... Toast how classic... The funniest part is at the end when everyone leaves and Snoopy starts messing around in his dog house and pulls out a table he just built and a complete Thanksgiving dinner.. And he his probably thinking you dumb kids...  
Words buy Zach written by mom...
Zach wanted to get in the action so her decided to make a scrapbook page from our trip to "Knotts Berry Farm". Zach created this page all by himself.. He LOVES using paper punches.. He said " Momma I want to use the framer puncher for my picture... Then Camping things... So I dug through my massive un-used sticker collection and His eyes were so big.. "I get to use stickers, YES!" he said. Zachy placed them all buy his self.. Don't forget to notice the sticker hat on his head... he said " Mom Don you like my new hat? I need to buy one you know" I had to just laugh... He also added a Camera to Abbie's hand... Crazy Nut! Zach really enjoys hanging out while I make things he usually like to make cards for his friends.. 


Sankari's Cards:

Originally, I was trying to make a popcorn card - but after 4 disastrous attempts and cardstock stren acrss the floor - I went for something simpler. My son was making a card with me when I was trying to make my popcorn card - so he wanted to make a card too with popcorn... so, his first internet card debut is here:

Here is our 3 year old son's Charlie Brown card. He had so much fun making it and was very focused on making it. He said that this is a special card for grandma and grandpa.
AND here is the explanation of his card in his words.... notice that he also made a car for Charlie Brown (anything that he draws has a car on it :)

It was so cute to see his little hands punching our the circle (which is the popcorn that Snoopy makes :). And HE was the one who took this picture! He is so proud that he "blogged"!!! :)

Here is my simplified card - I made it for my little nephew who we are so thankful :) It uses the sketch that Tammy created at PaperCraftPlanet. I printed out a blank Linus image and colored and popped him up on dimensionals and added a little stickle to the blanket... I was so happy to have made a card after my 4 disastrous attempts at recreating the popcorn scene with Snoopy... phew!



Do you guys still have a blankie from your childhood - I never had one - but my DH still has his... its totally strewn to pieces and his mom keeps it safe in his little memory box.... so cute!

You can read more about A Charlie Brown Thanskgiving on Wikipedia and you can watch the whole feature on Youtube - it is divided into three parts:

Part Three

As Thanksgiving is next week, we wanted to make this a special Cinema Challenge and wanted to thank you!! all for playing, we love seeing your creations and wanted to appreciate you with some special blog candy for this week's entry. Anyone entering their creation this week will be eligible for being entered into the blog candy drawing.

We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy all the little moments and big moments of this wonderful life :) We are totally blessed to have gotten to know all of you through our blogs and these challenges!

All entries must be linked to this post by Thursday, November 27 at 9pm PST. You can create anything you want from this cinema pick from a card, to a layout to an altered project. If you upload to Splitcoast please enter CSCC#7 as the keyword.

Can't wait to see your creations and your children or grandchildren's creations too!!!!
Sending you all hugs and smiles :)
Sankari and Brooke


Stay tuned for our blog candy details and the Audrey award recipient from last week (you guys totally wowed us with your creations!!!)

9 comments:

Oliva Ohlson said...

Yippeee...! I love Charlie Brown's specials!!!! :-)

Sherri said...

I love Charie Brown! And your son's card is adorable!! ...hard to believe he's only 3:) Your card is adorable! I'm intrigued by the original popcorn idea and am sorry for all the frustration is caused you.

Here's my card this week...
http://rosesinmyheart.blogspot.com/

I took a bit of liberty and make it a Charlie Brown Christmas theme as Thanksgiving has passed here - hope you don't mind!

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Okay the explanation for the card ... too cute.

Woodstock Turkey

Be well, Amy.

Anonymous said...

too cute I love it...I will have to play one of these times! happy Thanksgiving girls...you rock! Donna

Jules said...

I just found your blog linked from Sam's (http://ryemilan.blogspot.com/)
What a great idea!
I love all your creations, and your sons (too cute)!
What a fun idea, I will see if I can't "play" along!

Becky said...

I have to admit I was so disappointed that I don't have any Charlie Brown stamps, didn't know that there were any out there. But I got a brainstorm, and here is my card!

Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving!

Carol Dunstan said...

both your cards are great, but the kids creations take the cake!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Your cards and especially your kids' creations are SO CUTE! I can't wait til Alex can stamp...

Here's mine!

Thanks again for putting this challenge site together~ you guys rock!

Anthonette said...

Hi Sankari & Brooke, I ran out of time to complete this challenge. Kalino had already seen the movie in school, so I was going to have him participate too. We landed up having company late yesterday, so we didn't get a chance to play in the studio with Charlie Brown and the gang.