Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - #25 - Goldfinger



First of all - Thank you to all of you who come to our blog and guess with us on Friday nights for the sneak peeks, who play along with us, who comment and everything else in between! You all have become like a little mini blog family and we are truly truly truly grateful to all of YOU!!! So as a special little treat - we have included a little blog candy with this challenge!

Welcome to our 25th Challenge at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge!!! We are so excited to have done 25 challenges and wanted to do something fun and action packed --- what could be better suited than than a classic James Bond movie... the 1964 classic movie Goldfinger. Did you know that Goldfinger won an Oscar for Best Effects and Sound!

In many different sites - Goldfinger always appears at the top of the Best James Bond movies. Here is a quote from IGNmovies.com that has Goldfinger as number one out of 20 Bond movies. "Although not the first Bond film, Goldfinger was the model from which all subsequent Bond movies have been based. The first 007 film to make use of elaborate gadgets (most notably 007's tricked-out Aston Martin)...Goldfinger has everything any Bond fan or casual viewer would expect from a 007 movie experience." This book is based upon Ian Flemming's novel. He passed away before the end of production but was satisfied with how the movie was progressing and thought Connery was the perfect Bond. And interestingly enough, Pierce Brosnon was 12 years old when he saw Goldfinger, which was his inspiration to become an actor and play a part in a spy thriller ... only to later play Bond himself... Bond, James Bond :)

The requirement this week... well.... it had to be to add some gold to your card! Either a little or a lot.... go for gold!

This is a great site to find more info on James Bond, as is this site.

Brooke's Card inspired by the movie: Goldfinger


Brooke is away this weekend at a recital for her daughter - but she has left us with some great links where you can learn more information about the origins of Bond.

"James Bond is probably one of the most famous and longest running characters in film history. Since his first appearance in Dr. No (1962) the Queen’s number one spy has travelled to more places, romanced more women, escaped from more dangerous situations and saved the world more times than any other secret agent in history. After the war he entered the British Secret Intelligence Service, known as MI6, where he became a “double-0” agent with a license to kill. His assignments have taken him to volcanic islands, India, Las Vegas and even a space station in orbit. He has charm, loves beautiful women, and likes martin is - shaken, not stirred-, fine suits and fast cars. Most of Bond’s missions bring him into contact with shadowy figures of the underworld.

Fleming was born in 1908 into a wealthy Scottish family. His grandfather was a banker who, after his death, left Ian’s family a fortune. After going to school at Eton he attended the military academy at Sandhurst, but he didn’t like it there and left without becoming an officer. He continued his education in the Austrian town of Kitzbühel , where nobody his real identity. After coming back to Britain Fleming got a job as a journalist with the news agency Reuters and then went into banking. Both jobs did not please him very much, so in May 1939 he started working for the Foreign Office. There he became the assistant of one of Britain’s top spymasters. During the last year of the war Fleming travelled to Jamaica to a naval conference. He fell in love with the island and built himself a house, which he called Goldeneye. For six years he travelled back and forth from Britain to Jamaica, where he spent the winter, met lovely women, and enjoyed the sunset. He quit the Foreign Office and turned to writing. He spent his time developing the Bond character and leading the life that he desired. In the late 1950s Fleming started to suffer from bad health, probably because he was a heavy drinker and smoker. He died in 1964."



Sankari's Card inspired by the movie Goldfinger

It was so much fun to pick a James Bond movie for this week's Cinema Challenge - can I just tell you that I have the song Goldfinger totally stuck in my head now.... (randomly all last night, I would just start singing... Gold..fing-ah.... LOL!) I have to say Connery is definitely a Bond... no one can pull off that terrycloth bathing jumper (from the scene when he was in Miami) than Connery... seriously...!


There were sooo many different things that I wanted to do with this card -- but all my inspiration kept coming back to the opening and so I based my card on that opening shot.... this is a little birthday card for a special friend of mine (whom shall not be named... but whose name starts with B and ends with E and rhymes with cook :)

You can check out my blog for more details!

I am truly grateful to all of you for inspiring me each week and for playing our challenge - you guys are really just awesome and I am so glad that I got to meet you all in blogland!

Big hugs to all!
Sankari :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So are you ready to play along!! We sure hope you join us this week!

All of you have to do is make a card, layout or altered project that has a little bit or a whole lot of GOLD! and that is inspired by the movie Goldfinger - (you can take inspiration from the costumes, music, characters, furniture, anything from the movie that inspires you!) and link your creation to our blog by commenting on this post. If you are uploading to SCS or to PapercraftPlanet - please use the keyword: cinemasaturday (all lowercase and all ONE word :).

Please link to our blog by this Thursday, April 2, 2009 by 12pm PST.

-----------------------------------------------------------
and now for our Audrey recipient:

Welcome to all our new players and returning players!!! We loved seeing all of your yummy sugary chocolate cards based on the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!! Talk about sugary goodness!!! It was so hard to pick one card - you guys are all truly amazing!!!
One card that caught our attention was the sugary yumminess in Libby's beautiful card - the colors were so vibrant and lovely!!! We loved everything about it!! It is just beautiful!!! We hope you will display your Audrey on your page - linking back to us - Thank you so much to Libby and to each of you for playing along with us!! You guys are just awesome and wonderful!!!


Are you ready for some yummy blog candy!!!

1. As a big thank you to all of you - we would like to include our Audrey recipient this week with this beautiful stamp set called BRANCHING OUT from Taylored Expressions. This set is normally $21.95 but can be yours for playing along this week (open to all international players!!!) !!! Please mention this blog candy on your blog! Its really such an amazing stamp set (Its my favorite!)!!!

2. AND that's not all, all players will be eligible to win the Prudence Paper Collection kit for just entering your card! After the deadline is over, I will use Random.com to help me pick one random winner for this awesome set of papers from Taylored Expressions!!!

So, what do you have to do to be eligible to win this?
1. Make a card or LO or altered item that is inspired by Goldfinger
2. Mention this free blog candy on your blog
3. Come back here to post a link to your page!!!


That's it!!!


So we all hope that you can play along with us this week!!! Get your Bond groove on!
Hugs to all!
Sankari and Brooke


PS. We are using Mr. Linky! YAY! Please make sure that when you are linking - that you go and link only the direct link to your POST not to your blog!!! For more information on how to do this -Kristina Werner has made an awesome tutorial video that shows how to do this - you can watch it here. We hope that this makes it easier to see everyone's entries!!! Hope you enjoy the new Mr. Linkys feature!!!!







10 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Thank you both SO MUCH for the Audrey!! I'm am so excited!! I had said it was my new goal in life to win one - so now I need a new goal. LOL!!!! I was having a pretty rotten morning until I saw this, now I'm smiling from ear to ear. :-) And Goldfinger. Hmmm. Would you believe I've never seen it? I'm not really a Bond fan, shocking, I know. But now I think I need to make an exception! :-)

Chicken Coop Stamper said...

What a great movie and challenge, I'm an old, old chick so Sean Connery is my favorite guy and he only gets better with age, so I had to get his picture in, thanks,
Here's mine! Chick Barb

Jaimee said...

Awesome Cards girls.I finished mine..i so wanted to do a golden girl but would be too embarrased to give anyone a card with a naked chick on front! lol

i had an oppsy with mr linky.. i linked to the cinema challenge blog rather than my own Opps (yes i am blonde) so its Number 4Jaimee V Link....

Unknown said...

Yay! I finally played! My DH is a hugh 007 fan and he would always ask my mother to watch Bond videos with him because she was a big fan, too! And me? Never seen this movie so be kind.

scrapperjulia said...

I loved your cards Sankari and Brooke and everyone else so far! When I first saw the challenge I was looking at the Bond girls and I got into my head that the movie was Dr. No so I designed a beautiful card in my head using gold embossed shells. Then I came home and looked at it again and it was Goldfinger! It took me a while to come up with another card but I am pleased with it, hope you are too!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Gonna hafta' find time this week to play! Sankari, somebody showed me this Shirley Bassey version of 'Get this party' started about 6 months ago ... I didn't even recognize it until a minute into the song. Anyways, thought of if when I read you had S.B. stuck in your head :)

Shirley Bassey's only other hit

Shari said...

I look at the blog every week and finally have decided to try it out. This was a challenging movie for me, but a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

OMG,,, I was so excited about finally playing that I forgot to use GOLD... doi, duh and doh!!!

Monica Hunter said...

WOOHOO!! I played the challenge for the first time ever! This was so much fun, I'm already anxious for Friday -- for even more reasons than usual! ;)

Codi Jo said...

OH I was just goofing around and found this challenge, and had the perfect card with gold and... get ready for it... a GUN!!! Haha.Fun fun had to enter.Thanks for the chance at some cool blog candy.