Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #30 "Mary Poppins"

Welcome to our 30th Cinema Challenge! (wow - that is amazing that we have done 30 movies already!) A big welcome to all our new players and to all our returning players - you all are just the best! This week we are so excited to feature one of our favorite movies: Mary Poppins!
This movie was released in 1964 and won 5 Oscars (including best actress and best music!) and was nominated for awards 12 times! This movie is SUCH a classic - I don't know about you - but it brings back the BEST memories from our childhoods! This week we also have a wonderful guest designer - she is just an inspiration with her creativity and precise perfection in all her creations! This week's guest designer is Kelly Lunceford - thank you so much Kelly for sampling this wonderful movie with us!!!

This week's requirement is to use some stitching in your creations! There are some scenes that will have you in stitches from laughing - so how about some stitching in your cards! Either real stitching, faux stitching or some sort of stitching in ribbons, etc.


Brooke's Card inspired by the movie: Mary Poppins:


This week I couldn't resist making a rosette to honor Kelly. She is the queen of Rosettes.. I have to admit they are really addicting... I have make a few cards lately but haven't posted them yet...

This movie is just drips with cards and project ideas.. But this is the first image that came to mind. While I was searching for images to use for the sneak peek I came across this Silhouette image on a advert here if you want to copy it. I really wanted to keep it simple just like Mary Poppins. I felt a simple color scheme would accomplish this. I found so many great quotes on the I.M.D.B website. I was thinking of using the quote "Mary Poppins...practically perfectly in every way" She reads this sentiment to the children when she is in the nursery and measuring everyone for their personality... BUT..... I had this sentiment come to the front of my mind and I can just imagine her saying this.... "If at first you DO succeed, try not to look ASTONISHMENT." This sentiment is from the Stampin' Up set: "Full of Life" this set has been so much fun to play with you have to check it our...

Here are a few of my favorite quotes I found from the movie:
  • Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious!(of course)
  • Mary Poppins: That's a pie crust promise. Easily made, easily broken.
  • As I expected. "Mary Poppins, practically perfectly in every way."
  • Joke:
    Bert: It reminds me of me brother. He got a nice cushy job at a watch factory.
    Uncle Albert: At a watch factory? What does he do?
    Bert: He stands about all day... and makes faces!
    Uncle Albert: [laughing hysterically] He makes faces in a watch factory!
    (my kids and DH are always trying to out do each other with jokes)
  • Mary Poppins: In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and - SNAP - the job's a game! (IF ONLY it was that easy!)
I have so many ideas running through my head. Check on my blog throughout the week I might find a second or two to create a project or two. Have a Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious! time creating... I can't wait to see what you all do.

Hugs
Brooke


Sankari's Card inspired by the movie: Mary Poppins:

This movie just makes me soooo happy!!! It brings back a ton of happy memories from my childhood - and the songs just are brilliant and witty! I think one of my favoritest scenes from the movie when I was a child was the scene where Uncle Albert and everyone floats to the ceiling if you laugh! How awesome that sight was to my imagination - I can't even tell you how much I tried to do that too by laughing... I laughed and laughed and laughed and hoped to get to the ceiling but it never worked - just got lots of belly aches from laughing so much!

But more than anything - I just adored Mary Poppins - she just made everything right and perfect! I love when she rides in the carousel and then she goes on to win the race! There are sooooo many amazing and creative things that could be done in this movie and I can't wait to make some more cards for this challenge! For this card - I chose the sentiment that Brooke loved also which is" Practically perfect in every way"... I got the silhouette from this site.

I had a lot of fun making this card and hope that you do too!!! Its a fantastic movie!!! So we hope you join us this week and have fun singing along to these songs! You can check out more details on my blog (later today :)

Hugs,
Sankari

and now we are so plum pleased to introduce our guest designer for this week: the uber talented Kelly Lunceford .

Kelly's Card inspired by the movie: Mary Poppins:

Kelly has an very clean, crisp, vintage meet a modern twist to her design. Kelly has is currently the April/May Distinguished Guest Designer for Papertrey Ink and she is a former member of the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen -Don't forget to Jump over to Kelly's blog to see her amazing artwork and give her a shout out.


About her inspiration for her beautiful project, Kelly writes: "For those of you who know me, you know how much I love birds, nests, etc. However, when I was a child and watched Mary Poppins, I was scared to death of the whole "Feed the Birds" scene. The song seemed so depressing and the old bird lady really scared me. I also was disturbed that Mr. Banks wouldn't let Michael use his "Two Pence" to buy some crumbs. I decided to face my fears and combine my love of birds with the "Feed the Birds" scene. I made a fun, vintage satchel filled with bird seed and tied it up with some yummy ribbon. I had so much fun making this and I want to thank Brooke and Sankari for inviting me to play along this week!"

Thank you so much for guest designed for us Kelly!!!!

----------------------------------------------
So are you ready to play along?!!! We sure hope you join us this week!! All you have to do is to make a card or layout or altered project that is inspired by the movie Mary Poppins. This week's requirement is to have fun with layers on your card. The inspiration for your creation can be from the music, the characters, the dialogue, etc. from the movie Mary Poppins with the required element being some stitching in your card. All you have to do is to link your creation to our blog by commenting on this post with a link to your direct post with your creation. Please add the direct link of your blog post to Mr. Linky below - not the whole blog - because it makes finding your card in the future much easier. Kristina Werner has created a wonderful video showing how to do this. We would love for you to upload your cards to Paper Craft Planet - with the keyword:cinemasaturday (one word, all lower case). We have been compiling an album there -and would love to add your creations to it!!!

Please link to our blog by this Thursday, April 7, 2009 at 9pm PST!
Can't wait to see your creations!!!

Hugs,
Sankari and Brooke :)





10 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

OH my word! Both of your cards are amazing! I am so jealous of your Mary poppins silhouettes! I am so glad that you used "Practically Perfect in every way"! I love that! AMazing! Thanks for asking me to help out this week! I had fun!

Ann said...

OH, how fun! I hope I can play along this week! All your creations are FABUlous!!!! Kelly's birdseed bag is ingenious!

AMY FLEMING said...

WOW!!!! What a cool blog! I would love to play along one week :) thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely message. By the way your creations are awesome glad to find you!!

Carol Dunstan said...

d to watching this during the week (we have it!) and doing a card :)

Jaimee said...

loved this movie as a kid..funny thing my girls wer ewatching it when i logged into the blog to see hte reveal! freaky!
anyway i have done my card

Shari said...

I can't wait to play a long this week. I am feeling a lot better after I was given a shot on Thursday. I am hoping by the end of the week I will have fully recovered. Thanks everyone for your thoughtfulness. Can't wait to see all the Mary Poppins Cards.

Tethered2Home said...

Mr. Linky seems to be hidden & I've loaded the page a few times, so for now, 1) AMAZING CARDS Kelly, Sankari & Brooke. Kelly, really love the idea of the bird seed take, brilliant!

Here's mine:

It’s a Jolly ‘oliday. Thanks for the fun escape in the craft studio! Can't believe it's been 30!!!

Hi to all & Shari I hope you're feelin' better.
Amy.

Shari said...

Here's my entry

Anonymous said...

Hi, just surfing blogs and saw yours. How fun! Great creativity, the cards are amazing - xJ

Jennifer Hopkins
http://MaidenShade.com
http://MaidenShade.wordpress.com
http://MaidenShade.etsty.com
http://DeStash.me

Carol Dunstan said...

bah humbug, I ran out of time to take part again!