Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #44 - The Thief Lord

Good Morning Everyone,

Our dear Brooke is off enjoying the Stampin' Up Convention! We wish we were with you! Here is a fun little movie that we have for you today called the Thief Lord. I myself only watched it last night (I don't how it happens that my Cinema cards always get created at the last hour almost always!).  The Thief Lord  is a really sweet movie that was released in 2006 and is based on the German children's book released in 2000 by Corneila Funke. 

Here is the story line for those of you who haven't seen it yet from IMDb: "This tale follows six-year-old Bo and fifteen-year-old Prosper, two recently orphaned brothers who escape their impending separation by running off to Venice. There they have fantastical adventures with the mysterious masked figure known as the Thief Lord and his band of child followers, who show the boys all the magic the city has to offer." 

The challenge this week is really simple:

Make a friendship card or a card about sisters/brothers (for your sisters or for your brothers). Since this movie is all about Prop and Bo coming and staying together and bond of friendship that develops and is tested with the gang who takes them in and helps them in Venice - the challenge is to make a card either for your sibling or about siblings (your children and that they are each other's siblings, etc.) or it  could be for a friend.

Sankari's card based on the Thief Lord

Well, after I watched the movie - I decide that I would make a card for a friend. I really loved the relationship between the two brothers - so sweet how they took care of each other and wanted to be with each other. I also loved the friendship between all the members of Scipio's band - very sweet they way they stayed loyal to each other and maintained their friendship even when it was questioned. So here is my friendship card - I printed out the sentiment on my computer:


It is  very simple - I was almost ready to chuck it and start over - but that was a few hours ago - so I thought it was better to show you a card than nothing so here it is in all its simpleness.... you can check out my blog for more details about the card.
Thanks so much for coming and visiting the Cinema Saturday Blog!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

--------------------

You all know that I am sad sad sad to leave a Johnny Depp movie - I had a blast making the rum jug for last week's challenge and was psyched to see all of you that played along with us!!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!! All of your pirate-y, beaded creations were simply fabulicious! Our Audrey goes to Leisa of Big Red Scraps. Leisa's scrapbook page card really caught our eye - love the way the beads come around the "mast post"! We would love it if you would display your Audrey on your page and link backto us - and we would love it if you could be our guest designer for next week!

So are you all ready to play along with this week’s challenge!!!!

All you have to do is make a card or layout or altered project that is inspired by the movie: The Thief Lord. The inspiration for your creations can be from the music, the characters, the dialogue, the costumes, etc. This week’s requirement is to create something with for your sibling (for a brother/sister) or for a friend. We can’t wait to see what lovely creations you create this week!!!

All you have to do is to link your creation to our blog by linking to your specific post for this challenge on your blog/SCS/PCP/etc/ thru Mr. Linky. If Mr. Linky is down for some reason – please link to your blog by leaving a link to your blog in the comment section. You can check out Kristina Werner’s awesome video on how to link to your direct blog post here.

Please link to our blog by this Thursday, August 13th by 9pm PST.


We can’t wait to see your lovely creations!!!

Big Hugs to All!!!!!!

Sankari and Brooke



3 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

Love your card Sankari, glad you didn't chuck it! I have felt that way plenty of times too! I haven't seen this movie yet but I will try to this week. I made a friend card for it anyway.

Maria said...

Hey Sankari! I've never seen that movie. . .sounds like an interesting one. I like movies with children . . .especially the fantasy ones such as the Secret Garden and the Little Princess.

Your card is fantastic. . .it's a beautiful friendship card. I love the elegant look to it! Well, I fit some time to play in the challenge! Whoohoo! Thanks for the great challenge and movie choice. I'll ask my husband to rent it.

Maria

Unknown said...

Love that film...just watched the trailer,bt loved the perception...it made
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step