Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #62 - A Night at the Museum

Welcome everyone to our 62nd Challenge - where this week, we are featuring the 2006 movie: A Night at the Museum! This movie is filled with action, adventure, comedy and a wee bit of romance as well! There are literally SOOO many possibilities of cards you can create since this is a Museum of people, animals, etc. from all around the world! Our challenge requirement is adding something miniature in your card (in the movie - there is such a vast array of different scales - from the huge dinosaur to the little tiny cowboys and roman soliders - so we thought to make our challenge requirement one of scale - just adding something miniature in your creation :) Here is a Cinema Saturday Inspiration Corner for this movie to help out:

To read more about this movie - check out this link
You can watch the trailer for the movie here: or here on Youtube


Brooke's project inspired by the movie "A Night at the Museum"
Ok Ladies it's 1:11 in the a.m. lol and I just got the internet up and going we had to reboot... Can I say good luck with this movie ladies there are sooooo many things you can get inspired from this movie...



When I got back on the computer I noticed that my sweet Sankari had left me a LOT of sos messages.. So I sent her a message and told her what I was making... Guess what? We both made a book marks... How CRAZY is that... Great minds that are having brain cramps think alike he,he. for more details check our my blog...

p.s. Did I mention it's 2:11 a.m. where Sankari is. Go girl.
Enjoy the show
HUGS
Brooke

Sankari's project inspired by the movie "A Night at the Museum"
Can I just say that there are waaaay toooo many things/elements/ideas in this movie! Its so hard to just pick one thing - there are so many different options - sooo much so that a last minute procrastinator like me had a hard time to pick something - so I finally created a bookmark from the the theme of the movie: "Knowledge is Power" since after reading through the history books, Larry the nightwatchman - has a better idea how to handle all the people, animals etc. of the museum who come to life after sunset! The funny thing is that during our 2am conversation, Brooke also created a bookmark! We totally laughed about our brain cramps and our bookmarks!
Here is my bookmark inspired by the cute big dinosaur who likes to "play fetch" in the movie - that I made for our son who is a total dinosaur fanatic right now - the little dinosaur is for the miniature element of the challenge. I thought that border punch looked like the back of a stegosaurus - totally very simple - very quick and the best part was giving it to my son when he woke up!
I hope you enjoy the movie challenge this week - its definitely one with lots of possibilities!!!!
Happy weekend and Big hugs!

Our guest designers for next week will be our Audrey winners - Jennifer B. and Sue D. for their beautiful cards from the last two challenges!! Can't wait to see your gorgeous creations ladies!
______________________

So who is going to be our guest designer next week? It could be YOU!!! All you have to do is to create a card, layout, altered project etc., that is inspired by the movie:A Night at the Museum! Your inspiration can come from the costumes, the dialogue, the music, the themes, the characters, the colors - anything at all from the movie!!! ****The challenge element in this card is to add something miniature to your card!!!!


****Please link to us by this THURSDAY, January 21st - by 8PM CENTRAL standard time
and we will announce the Audrey winner on Friday
with the sneak peeks for next saturday's movie!!!

Can't wait to see your yummy creations!!!
See You at the Movies!!!
The Cinema Sisters ;)


15 comments:

Erica said...

I knew it looked familiar. I watched that movie like 5 times on Christmas! Great movie. Now I have to think of what to make!

Nancy K said...

Oh my gosh -you ladies are soooo good! I never would have gotten that, even Hubby was stumped. Great challenge...I'm thinking Valentine's for my kiddos.
Thanks so much for doing this every week and coming up with the extra inspiration corner. It is always something to forward too!
Hugs!!

Sankari W. said...

So glad that you ladies like the movie choice! Its definitely a hard one - just sooo many options...! Hard to pick one!!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment Nancy!! We totally love being with all of you doing these challenges! And so glad that you like the Inspiration Corner (which I was cracking up making By The Way - because I was still stumped as to what to do - while I was creating the Inspiration Corner - LOL!!!)
Can't wait to see your creations ladies!!! Big hugs to all!!!
Sankari :)

Juli Smith, said...

I think this is going to be difficult! lol Too many choices! When did I stop wanting so many choices? ;)

Brooke S said...

No kidding Juli... We are always looking for movies that are full of inspiration.. And man did we get a movie full of choices.. Nancy you are a sweetie we love preparing the challenges. And yes sometimes the "SISTA" even get stumped... More like over load.... See Erica I really had to be clever with this one you would have got the sneak peek right away if I wasn't careful.
LOVE YOU my late night OWL! It always makes my day weather night or day when I get to hear your voice :)

grammie jackie said...

Before starting in on the movie, I want to thank you, Brooke and Sankari, for your work every week to set up these challenges. I have trouble meeting them, and I don't have to choose a movie! Thanks, too, for the inspiration corner.
This is such a fun movie! Everyone loves it. I guess that there is so much in it, there is something for everyone.
My favorite thing in the movie, and it real museums are the dioramas.
Well now it's time to figure out what kind of a minature to use. See you later.

Carol Dunstan said...

well, noone guessed it this week! But it does explain why that second pic was so familiar :) Will have to see what I can come up with

Anonymous said...

What a FUN movie. I HOPE to get to play along with you gals!

Sankari and Brooke..Your designs are perfection as usual! Thanks for your continued time in making this such a playful and fun process!!

scrapperjulia said...

Brooke and Sankari, your bookmarks are fabulous! I too want to thank you for the hard work that you put into this blog. I love the new inspiration features that you have added. They really help! I love this movie, it is fun for kids and adults to watch! I posted my project.

Radha said...

Has A V A T A R...in mind...magic,

love the pik C-Sisters!!!
:))

grammie jackie said...

I can't believe that I got done by Tuesday morning. Well. I had inspriration all around me on this one.
Thank you Brooke and Sankari.

Carol Dunstan said...

yes, thank you ladies for all you put into this challenge!

I so wish I had been able to do something capuchin, but I just couldn't see a way (ah dear, I'd go into details but suffice it to say I have a second hand story of a lovely and amusing moment with one), so a little birdie it was

Radha said...

This is a movie my kids watched , and can watch ... not like me watching wile cutting okra:)))

A*V*T*A*R!!! Must see girls!!!
That I would love to see once again( not to mention with no cutting okra hi hi)

Radha said...

AVATAR
oops so sorry for not typing right:))

Erica said...

Just realized what time it is and that I never made a card this week. Sorry, school started and my mojo took a vacation! I will try to play again soon! Love you ladies!