Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #63 - Australia



Thank you everyone for your super sweet comments of support and love for this challenge!!! We are so touched by your sweet words and are so happy that you love playing along! Well, today, we are happy to welcome you to our 63rd Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, where today we are featuring the 2008 Oscar nominated movie: Australia in honor of Australia day which will be celebrated on 2008! This movie is in honor of all our "down under" CSCC players! This movie is set in WWII times and unfolds the history around that time period. Even though it has a historical backdrop, this story really is about the full spectrum of love - love of a mother for her son, love of a grandfather for his grandson, romance, love of the land, love of freedom. The colors in this movie are very earth tone and so we thought our challenge requirement would be to use Kraft in your creations.

Here are some more ideas from the Cinema Saturday Inspiration Corner:

For some more information about the plot/storyline of the movie - Click here
For some trivia behind the movie- Click here
For some quotes from the movie: Click here

Brooke's Card Inspired by the movie: Australia
A few inspiration detail to my card include, Kraft color of course only my favorite.. Second Carol the main reason we were sooo excited to present this movie. Our cute little hobbit from down-under.. When I was review still photos from this movie there were several outfits that Lady Ashley's wore that really caught my eye. The blue and white(I know her dress is navy but I used the challenge blue on this card) are in remembrance of the dress she is wearing as she arrives in Darwin. Nichole Kidman is not real! No one is truly that skinny are they?? I wish... Other blue inspiration ideas came from the Australian flag and the ocean of course. To learn about my inspiration you can check out my blog here.

I hope you all sing your way home to our challenge this week.. We would love to have your join us.
HUGS
BROOKE


Sankari's Card Inspired by the movie: Australia
The main element that drew me into this movie was the beautiful love story of the grandfather and his grandson Nallah and Lady Ashley and Nallah. I love when Nallah says - i sing you to me - as he weaves magic to create his destiny. The two hearts represent Nallah and Lady Ashley (hers is the one with the bigger bow) and the smaller one has the sun behind it to represent his grandfather) and the "hole" in his heart is filled with the love of Lady Ashley:

I hope you all play along with us this week! Sending you big hugs!!!!
Sankari :)

This week we have two guest designers joining us: Sue (Audrey Winner from the Chronicles of Narnia Challenge) and Jennifer (Winner from the Knight's Tale Challenge): We are so happy that we have these two wonderful artists joining us to showcase cards from this movie challenge:

Sue's Card Inspired by the movie: Australia
"I took my inspiration for my card from the scene where they were at the dance and he came in in that white tux (is he gorgeous or what) and danced.And that kiss in the rain..............ahhhhh. The left side of my card represents the softer side of Sarah when she arrived in Australia. The right side is the rugged side of Drover with the rope and cowboys. The sentiment seemed perfect, as they were so different, yet love prevailed."

Thank you so much Sue for being our Guest Designer - what a beautiful moment to capture in your gorgeous card!!! Absolutely LOVE the sentiment and the beautiful stamps!!!

Jennifer's Card Inspired by the movie: Australia
"The parts that stuck out to me have to do with love. The characters each struggled with loss of love, and had to find their way to love again. Plus...the love of the land. Nicole Kidman's character was annoying to me in the beginning. But she learned to love the land, and it really changed her. By the end of the movie, you can't help but root for her to have a happy ending.

One part in particular stood out to me, and it had a line in the movie I loved. "The rain will fall. The grass grows green. And life...it begin again." It summed up the whole movie for me. Each character learned to love again. That's what life is all about. There was a tree that seemed to be "their" spot. I incorporated the quote with the tree, and muted colors. I chose to keep the card free from too many adornments, since that's how I felt after watching the movie. So, here's my card with that line as my inspiration."

WOW! Thank you so much Jennifer!! This is just gorgeous and its so beautiful to read where you got your inspiration from!!! The love stories in this movie is really so beautiful and it simply perfect how you tied it in with the movie!!!
______________________

So who is going to be our guest designer next week? It could be YOU!!! All you have to do is to create a card, layout, altered project etc., that is inspired by the movie:Australia! Your inspiration can come from the costumes, the dialogue, the music, the themes, the characters, the colors - anything at all from the movie!!! ****The challenge element in this card is to have Kraft in your card!!!!


****Please link to us by this THURSDAY, January 28th - by 8PM CENTRAL standard time
and we will announce the Audrey winner on Friday
with the sneak peeks for next saturday's movie!!!

Happy Creating
Can't wait to see your yummy creations!!!
See You at the Movies!!!
The Cinema Sisters ;)



32 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks again Brooke and
Sankari for the opportunity to be a guest designer this week. Your challenge is so unique and you both put so much into it. I loved playing along this week.

Anonymous said...

Australia!! WOW..great guessing girls. You got this one spot on..I guess I need to take some lessons on movie detective skills lol. I have not seen this movie, I need to check it out!!:) I look forward to all the fun creations!!

Maureen said...

fabulous cards, ladies...great inspirations too! I hope to play this week...who can resist a challenge with kraft?! It's more like a gift, than challenge!! LOL Love the tree image...may have to use that one :)

Juli Smith, said...

Woohoo! First time I was right with my guess (& i can't even tell you WHY Australia came to mind!) lol Cinema Sisters, I think your tiny. miniscule sneak peeks are changing the way I look at things and think! heehee :)

OMGosh - all the designs so far are amazing! Would you believe I have a color combo I want to try lying on my craft table - and it includes Kraft!?! AND I know just the set to try out too? Something's wrong with me - but hey - Quick, - get me to the craft table- maybe I can whip out a design and play along this week - bwahahaha

Looking forward to seeing Brooke's always gorgeous work, and everyone else's too! Happy "Australia" stamping! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree..the designs are stunning!!

Sankari, that card is just so pretty. Love the colors and velvet trims!

Sue, What a romantic card. Love the little rope trim you added. Very rustic!!

Jennifer, your tree card is great. the sentiment is perfect for your card. Love your words of where you got your inspiration also!!

Brooke, can not wait to see your fab design!!

scrapperjulia said...

Great movie pick, Cinema Sisters! Carol will love this choice! Sankari, Sue and Jennifer, your cards are awesome and I love how you explained where you got your inspirations!

anaRy said...

Sorry how do I link my creation..it is my first time. ; ). Mr link or just a comment with the blog post?

Juli Smith, said...

There will be a Mr. Linky if there isn't already.

scrapperjulia said...

I finished my card. It is here until Mr. Linky shows up!

http://scrapperjulia.blogspot.com/2010/01/love-remains-same.html

Brooke S said...

Sorry Ladies we wil have Mr. Linky up in a while... just post that you have made a project and we will link it for you... :-)

HUGS
Brooke

anaRy said...

Oky doky...I was lost since this was my first time and I was the first to ask to link : ).
here is my take..nothing more romantic than a handwritten love letter right?
http://anaryatelie.blogspot.com/2010/01/pen-ink.html

Radha said...

Wow wow!!!
Love it all:)

SAMARA said...

http://samaranavi.blogspot.com/2010/01/cinema-saturday-challenge.html

Hi goddesses....here is a little something for you, sankari and brooke. hugs and smooches, samara

Tethered2Home said...

Absolutely stunning cards, as always, ladies! Hope everyone is well.

Here's my go at the movie, using Nullah as the inspiration with Cute as a Button card.

Amy.

Juli Smith, said...

Woohoo! Here's my design...
http://stampinjewels.blogspot.com/2010/01/cinema-saturday-63-australia.html

Feels so good to play along again after two weeks! Loving the designs so far - looking forward to seeing many more this week. :)

SAMARA said...

http://samaranavi.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-am-feeling-so-fantastic.html

Hey chickipoos! This is for Australia. Hope you Goddesses are doing well? LOVE your choice of movie...LOVEA LOVEA! (youzzz) hee hee

Brooke S said...

So I knew I was totally going to use the same quote as Sankari... but I totally forgot that she used 2 hearts on her card as well... It was so fab that is was singing it's way back to me I guess... don't forget to check out my blog for the rest of my inspiration.

HUGS
ALL
BROOKE

Big Red Scraps said...

Great challenge, Here's mine: http://bigredscraps.blogspot.com/2010/01/peek-boo-unscripted-sketch-39.html

Jaimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

Hello all-made a card I am not seeing Mr. Linky. I hope you drop by and take a peek!
http://polkadotpaperie.blogspot.com/2010/01/no-place-like-home-cinema-saturday.html

Jaimee said...

19 Layout
Its Australia day today seemed appropriate to work on this today;)

Anonymous said...

Brooke, love your card. I love that saying from the movie..so powerful!

Maureen said...

loved this challenge...yummy kraft!!

Here's my card

Radha said...

Hello My Ladies...
Here is my creations...
http://pearltouch.blogspot.com/2010/01/cinema-saturday-australia.html

Shaz said...

Love this ONE!
http://mykraftnook.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-heart-movies.html

Anonymous said...

Here is my design for this Movie Challenge!
http://pixieduststudio.blogspot.com/2010/01/cinema-saturday-challengeaustralia.html

Thanks again to Brooke and Sankari..I loved watching this movie!

Laural-Lee said...

I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do one for this because I haven't seen the movie and my mojo just wasn't working! But here's what I managed to come up with once something clicked for me.

http://lauralspassion4paper.blogspot.com/2010/01/dare-to-dream.html

Juli Smith, said...

Brooke - you inspiration is lovely!

Everyone's cards are wonderful - as always!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the cards this week, everyone!! Here is mine -

http://im-crafty.blogspot.com/2010/01/im-krafty.html

I sing you to me!! :)

Westiewoof said...

What fabulous cards. I've posted a card here:
http://paperpizzazzbydmc.myblogspot.com

Karli said...

Eeek I hope I'm not late :{ Here's mine for this week: http://craftingwithclass.blogspot.com/2010/01/cinema-saturday-challenge-australia.html
Love Kraft!

Carol Dunstan said...

finally uploaded my card http://inkantations-and-inkarnations.blogspot.com/2010/03/better-late-then-never.html