Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #64 - Titanic

Good Morning Everyone! Welcome to our 64th Cinema challenge where today we are featuring the Oscar winning movie (actually 11 Oscars!!!) - the epic movie: Titanic - which among many awards - also won Best Picture! (We still can't believe that you guys guessed it! See this is why we have pics of sky and grass!!! And you guys STILL guess it right!! Amazing!) This movie is simply amazing - the music, the costumes, the visual effects, the story, etc. Its actually hard to watch it again without crying (okay - sobbing! :) The challenge requirement this week is to use a little bit (or a lot) of blue and silver in your creation - You are free to use any colors - just add a big of blue and silver to it. If you need more inspiration - here are some themes that you can use for your creation - hope that this is helpful:

For more memorable quotes from Titanic: check out this link
***For more information about the Titanic (the history behind it) Check out this link
For more information about the making of Titanic and you can check out the trailer here or you can watch it here:

Brooke's Card inspired by the movie "Titanic"

I have to say this was one of my favorite challenges.. I really love vintage things.. I have the hardest time watching this movie.. It's just sooooo sad.. My sweetheart was so cute when we watched this movie at the theater.. When it was time to leave he pulled on my coat to stop me from leaving and said "Don't leave I need to stay here for a few minutes" bless his tender-heart.. He had a little sob... He couldn't get the mother and child from the lower deck out of his head.. Then he started thinking of our own kids.. And vowed from that day on he would never watch that movie again... So read all about my inspiration please visit me here and say HI!
Enjoy the show..
Hugs!
Brooke

Sankari's Card inspired by the movie "Titanic"
I always hear music when I think of the movie Titanic - actually - just one song..."The Heart Does Go on" by Celine Dion.... sigh - and it always makes me think of Jack and Rose "flying on the bow of the boat... don't you just hear the song in your head! So I created a little card of the bow of the boat with the sentiment from the song from the verse:

"Love can touch us one time, and last for a lifetime, And never go till we're one..
Love was when I loved you, One true time I hold to, In my life we'll always go on..

Near, far, where ever you are, I believe that the heart does go on,
Once more, you open the door, And you're here in my heart - And my heart will go on...."

Sigh.. what a movie - I couldn't even watch parts of it last night as I made this card - because it just made my heart ache... actually sniffling right now just thinking about it... I loved making this card and can't wait to see your creations this week!
To check out the card details please stop by my blog!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)


This week we have Nancy joining us as our guest designer - who received the Audrey for her "DumDum/GumGum" creation for the movie: Night at the Museum! THank you so much Nancy for joining us today!!!

Nancy's Card inspired by the movie "Titanic"
I love this movie, talk about inspiration! The costumes, the sets, the music -all beautiful and amazing, not to mention the strength, the triumphs & the tragedies of the characters. So many scenes in this movie captivate me. I have been mildly obsessed with the Titanic story since I was about 10 or so, I've seen the exhibit several times in different cities, but it wasn't this that caught me for this challenge. It was a lengthy quote by Jack's character, while he was having dinner with the first class passengers when asked about his "third class lifestyle":
Jack: Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.
The last few lines just really clicked with me -grabbed ahold of my heart and made me run for the tissue. :) So I wanted to make a project (not a card!) that would remind me to make each day count. I initially had planned on putting in a picture from our family vacation on an Alaskan Cruise, but then I decided I would rather show a picture that demonstrated the "making it count".This is a pic of DH and kids on our last day together before his deployment. It was a great day, and we made the most of our last hour together."

Thank you so much Nancy for being our Guest Designer this week! What an amazing moment you have captured of your DH and your children just before his deployment... And just that you will use this gorgeous clipboard everyday and see this moment is just the sweetest!

______________________

So who is going to be our guest designer next week? It could be YOU!!! All you have to do is to create a card, layout, altered project etc., that is inspired by the movie: Titanic! Your inspiration can come from the costumes, the dialogue, the music, the themes, the characters, the colors - anything at all from the movie!!! ****The challenge element in this card is to use some blue and silver your card!!!!


****Please link to us by this THURSDAY,February 5th - by 8PM CENTRAL standard time
and we will announce the Audrey winner on Friday
with the sneak peeks for next saturday's movie!!!

Happy Creating
Can't wait to see your yummy creations!!!
See You at the Movies!!!
The Cinema Sisters ;)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sniff...I am all teary and I have not even rewatched the movie yet. You three did a wonderful job capturing the emotions of your designs. This is a great movie. So intense and special in so many ways. I think I saw it 5 times just in the theater. I am not sure how many times I have seen it on dvd or TV..to many to count!:)

Brooke, I love your card..so vintage and pretty. The blues are PERFECT. Also love the hint of music notes. Love your story about the movie theater..sounds like your hubby is a sweet guy!

Sankari, I am loving that boat concept. Great 3D idea. Those silver metal accents are soo perfect for this theme.

Nancy, you got me all misty eyed. Your clipboard is such a great idea. I think you captured the concept great with your heartfelt photo of your hubby on that difficult day. My heart goes out to you and your family. HUGS

OK..off to think of something for this movie. First stop, will be to get a box of tissue!! Sniff

Maureen said...

Oh, I loved this movie...I remember when it came out it was sold out for months and I had a hard time getting tickets. I also own it and have watched it several times on t.v. It's funny, but each time I watch it, I hope that this time, Jack will survive!! LOL How weird is that? Loads of inspiration in this one...hmmm....wheels are turning :) Oh, and fabulous cards!!! WOW!!!

Sankari W. said...

I know - I just cried so many times making this card and listening to the song... sigh - still getting teary eyed.... and Maureen I totally know what you mean about hoping that this time it works out... oh.. I couldn't bear to watch the end again last night... and i was trying not to let my tears hit the card i was making... sigh - what a movie!

Thank you Kathy and Maureen for your kind comments! Can't wait to see your gorgeous creations - I still have some more ideas - maybe I will get to play again! :)

Big hugs lovely ladies!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

Great cards ladies! As soon as Titanic was said I knew that's what those clouds were from! (Funny story, when I went to see this in the cinema, the fire alarm went off *just as the ship was about to hit the iceberg* Thankfully it was just a cigarette in the toilet that had set it off and we could all go back in and see the rest of the movie a few minutes later... but I thought the timing could not have been better!

I did get a card done for Australia, even made it on Australia Day, but I got caught up with some other stuff and just didn't get it uploaded. Hopefully that will be remidied soon!

Nancy K said...

Brooke & Sankari I love your cards, gorgeous! We had just looked up some info on the Titanic band last night too. I love the 3D bow Sankari!
Thanks so much for your comments -fortunately, the pic I used was taken over a year ago, and hubby is home safe and sound. :)
Well, I suppose I should finish the movie -I didn't have enough in me to do it earlier this week *sniff, sniff*

Karli said...

Beautiful cards ladies! You guessers are amazing! How you do it is beyond me :) If you have any guesses about Lotto numbers for this week, I'm all ears! :) I know EXACTLY what I want to do for this week's challenge!!! Great movie, a little long, but Billy Zane was great eye candy. Luv the bad boys :0

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Great movie selection and great cards! Nancy, reading the quote from the movie and seeing your creation had me running for the tissues! :) Looking forward to playing along this week!

Jennifer said...

This was a wonderful movie & I too saw it way too many times to count! The ending was very sad, but I've always been pulled by the love Rose & Jack had, and so quickly too. You're creations are all lovely Sankari, Brooke & Nancy! Thanks for such great inspiration.

Ann said...

Hey, girls! Who doesn't love Titanic? I just had to play along this week! Hope you like it... :D

Juli Smith, said...

Gorgeous inspirations Ladies! Ha - glad I missed these sneak peeks - holy guacamole! I cannot believe anyone could guess the movie from those. But alas - there are many better than I - a talent I was spared! heehee

Hope to play along - and look forward to looking at everyone's designs.

Anonymous said...

This was a great challenge. Brooke and Sankari..Thanks for making it so fun!

Brooke S said...

Ladies you are all so stinkin' amazing... This is going to be a long night of deliberation for us.. Your cards are OVER THE TOP! Way to ROCK the challenge...

HUGS
see you all tomorrow :)
BROOKE