Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - #15 - Casablanca



Well - you have done it again! We were so impressed that you guys guessed Casablanca from those itty bitty sneak picks! You guys are really wonderful and its just an absolute joy to be part of the Friday sneak peek guessing game! If you missed the guessing game - you can read all the fun guesses and comments here and make sure to check out the sneak peek reveals post here!

Casablanca is a 3 time Oscar winning movie (including Oscar for Best Picture) and was released in 1942 and has since then become an iconoic classic. It has been rated as the # 1 most romantic American movie by the American Film Institute!!! It was also rated to have the #1 most romantic kiss between Ingrid Bergman and Humprey Bogart! Well - that's alot of romance wrapped into one movie!

For this movie pick - we wanted to do something a little different. This classic black and white movie - inspired us to create black and white toned cards. So, we would like to challenge you to create a card inspired by this movie, by romance - that is black & white toned and one other color tone of your choice!
Welcome to our first Cinema Saturday inspired color challenge (we were inspired to do this particularly for this movie).


We hope that this makes it easy for all of you to play along! If you haven't seen the movie - don't worry - we would still love for you to play along! Check out these sites for some inspiration:
The famous song: As Time Goes By (there are some nice scenes collaged together in this video
The famous last scene: We'll Always Have Paris
You can read more about Casablanca here on Wikipedia - it has the movie plot, as well as fascinating details about the characters, writing and actors!
If you search through Youtube - there are many other Casablanca peeks - so please feel free to use that as an inspriation if you haven't seen the movie.

Brooke's Project: "As Time Goes By"
"As time goes by"....... It only gets better.... 
We will be celebrating our 18 anniversary this year..... Where did the time go...

Ok so when I check the post this morning my whole post was missing.... Sankari and I were both on the computer into the weeeeee... hours of this morning.... 2:33am my time and 3:33am her time.. I think the big mystery is we both posted at the same time... And some if it didn't get saved.... She could only see the part I erased... I did type up a very lovely message to my Sweetheart... And I was on a roll... I will post the re-created message again on my blog.. When I have time to remember all that I said..... 

We hope this new format will help our friends out there who are having a hard time trying to find a starting place with our challenge... We are always looking for more participants. The coolest part of our challenge is we have all become great friends.....
Happy Weekend!
Hugs
Brooke

Sankari's Casablanca inspired card:


I love all the textures in this movie and loved the line that Rick says to Ilsa at the end of the movie: "We will always have Paris." (sidenote - Carol - I can't believe you had that in one of your last comments! whoa!)

If you would like to see more details - please check out Sankari's Blog
--------------------------
So are you ready to play along!! We sure hope you join us this week!

All of you have to do is make a card that is of a black and white toned motif with one other color of your choice that is inspired by the movie Casablanca and link your creation to our blog by commenting on this post. If you are uploading to SCS please use the keyword: CSCC15 and if you are uploading it to PapercraftPlanet - please use the keyword: cinemasaturday (all lowercase and all ONE word :).

Please link to our blog by this Thursday, January 22, 2009 by 12pm PST.

Please tell your friends about this challenge and have them join us in this fun challege.
The card chosen from this challenge will be featured on PaperCraftPlanet - so come on and join the fun!!!

We can't wait to see your creations!!!

Hugs and Panini grills to all :)
Sankari and Brooke

26 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

LOL - I need to leave the guessing to the professionals - I can't believe they knew this!!! Sankari I LOVE your card, it is completely gorgeous!! And thanks for adding the color challenge, that will make it a bit easier to come up with something. :-)

Sankari W. said...

I know Libby - I am just in awe of these professionals: Panini Grillers by day ;) and hard to stump professional sneak peek guessers by night! It was fun! Thanks for guessing last night Libby - I hope that you enjoy the color challenge addition for this week.

I also posted our challenge up at our group on Paper Craft Planet. If you click over HERE, here is another forum to talk more about all things cinematic, papercrafting and of course the skill for panini making :)

hope you all enjoy this week's movie pick :)

Ann said...

Oh, such a perfect pick near Valentine's Day! Brooke and Sankari, your creations are stunning and gorgeous as always! You girls are SO talented!

I will swing by the video store today so I can watch this one again. Can't wait to see all the eye candy we create this week!

Carol Dunstan said...

yay! I was already thinking (because I was convinced by that last sneak that it was Casablanca) of doing black, white and one colour (possibly pink but I may change that now). Thankfully MIL has a large stash of movies, and I was able to work out obtaining this before she came to drop off the kids. Looking forward to seeing it in full.

Ophthalmologist said...

Hey, that's THE ONE AND ONLY movie for an ophthalmologist, right?!? Of course I'll have to work on the eye theme! Great pick - thank you ladies, you're the greatest! Let's start!!

Sankari W. said...

Brooke - I love that you did a layout for your sweetheart with this movie challenge!! IT is just beautiful!

I just want to apologize for inadvertandly erasing Brooke's post from the wee hours of this morning - talk about working in sync at all hours of the night... somehow - when i went to type... the whole thing was gone and i didn't even know till Brooke called! Soooo sorry Brooke!!! sending you big hugs!

I am really excited by the challenge this week - and hope that you all are inspired by it too!

Sending you all much love!
Sankari :)

Jaimee said...

i knew i recognized that tower! lol you guys convinced me i was off ..with the whole blinds sideways..prison bars thing lol lol very tricky indeed!

i love the cards/page they really are beautiful! and Casablanca is a great pick cant wait to have a play.

congrats to Carol for her huige 8 card effort ! wow!

Stacey Schafer said...

It's about time I've participated in your challenge again, huh? This was a fun one to stretch my creativity:)

http://stampinwithstacey.blogspot.com/2009/01/dream-little-3-challenges.html

Jaimee said...

Beautiful Friendship

heres mine..fairly specific inspiratios here..some form the sets some from the dialogue.

thanks for another great challenge!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Oh my I must admit, I had a tough go at this challenge. I loved the idea of doing black/white/grey/ & a colour, but for some reason my cards all looked liked sympathy cards ... I took a break & went back at it today & this is for my Valentine

Brooke, your Scrapbook page is AWESOME as is your Gorgeous card, Sankari. I so love this Creative Challenge & Thank you for all who participate & inspire! I love it! (guessing is a blast too LOL)

Amy.

Libby Hickson said...

Oooh I'm glad I took another peek at this thread right now, I'd hate to have missed Brooke's GORGEOUS scrapbook page! I love it!!! You two ladies are so incredibly talented!!!

Carol Dunstan said...

I made my card last night and quite happy with what I came up with. Off to check out the other creations :)

Cindy said...

Help me ladies...I have a card made and I have no clue how to link it here...I really enjoyed doing this one...thanks!

Traveling Mama said...

Hey girls! I was delighted to participate in these week's challenge! I didn't realize you girls were the runs doing this challenge- expect to see more of me! I love what you both have done this week... hope mine won't disappoint! So much pressure since I live in Morocco and all! LOL!
http://travelingmama.net/?p=1577

Kerry Parkinson said...

A fantastic challenge this week, thanks so much ladies! Double the fun! Your samples are absolutely gorgeous and very inspiring.

Here's my card:
http://kbpapercraft.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinema-saturday-creative-challenge.html

Cindy said...

A friend walked me through how to post thttp://paperspadsandpictures.blogspot.com/2009/01/another-day-another-season.htmlhe link to my card. Have a great day!

Savitri said...

Hey gals! Awesome card and page you two!!!! Ok, I haven't played since #1. I kept wanting to but ahh... anyhow, here's mine for this week. Hopefully I can regularly play along!!

Oh, I'm off color but I promise I tried. I'll read better next time. I just looked at the title and went off on that :)

zukesgirl said...

Hey -- I know I went AWOL but I am back!!!
Missed you!!

ANyway here is my try at this challenge --- love how you added the colors into the challenge -- very fun

I also love how you both designed your creations -- just beautiful!

Tracy's card

Thanks for doing this and letting me participate!

Sam said...

Hey girls,

Here is my card.

I'm leaving the option open to make another...I'm feeling very much less than impressed with my effort.

Will tour the other creations tonight, after the youngster is in bed...

Sam.

Vicki said...

I really enjoy this blog..so much so that you have a Kreativ Blogger award waiting at my blog to be picked up. Enjoy!

http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Wow! I'm excited to see so many of you playing along this week! :)

I finished my project...FINALLY!

http://creativeantics.blogspot.com/2009/01/play-it-again-sam.html

Kelly Lunceford said...

I guess I am the last one to the party! LOL! I just discovered your blog today and can I just say how excited I am! All I need is one more challenge to participate in, but this one is fab! I love cinema, quotes and inspiration so I believe I have come to the right place! Thanks for conjuring up such a fun idea! I will be back.

Cindy said...

I am so enjoying all of this and thank you for all your kind words...I can't wait for the next movie!

Sherri said...

I'm sorry it took me so long to upload my project! ...I'll be back a little later to look at everyones!!

Brooke & Sankari - both of yours on this page are SWEET!

Here's mine...
http://rosesinmyheart.blogspot.com

Brooke S said...

Libby,
Thanks for the sweet comments.. I tried to comment back but couldn't access you...

Thanks for the LOVE. I really enjoyed making my project...And I don't even have to give it away.

Hugs
Brooke

Arielle H Gordon said...

Hello! Great movie & challenge! My baby's been teething since Christmas, so no stamping for mommy! Well, I started back this week, but you see the time? Anyway, I missed these challenges!

Here's mine!

Funny, I made my card BEFORE I read all the directions, but at least I got most of the black & white +1 color concept...